Rove Almost under Citizen's Arrest
Palin's Oval Office Explained
This is hilarious, point and click on things in the room. Be sure to open and close the door more than once. I do not know who did this, but hilarious!
Click here, come on -- do it! You'll get a good laugh.
Political News You Can Use
Obama admits that he made a mistake. Thanks for letting us know, it is appreciated.
Some students are not afraid of gays, these kids should be used as role models of tolerance.
Remember that Fact Check.org is your friend!
Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Republican
I did not write this, it is from an email that was sent to me by Ann from Detroit! It makes so many points far better than I could do.
In order to be a Republican, you need to believe:
1. Jesus loves you and shares your hatred of homosexuals and .
2. Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's Daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him, and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.
3. Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is Communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.
4. The United States should get out of the United Nations, but our highest national priority should continue to be enforcing U.N. resolutions against .
5. A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multinational drug corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
6. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches, while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.
7. If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
8. A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our longtime allies, then demand their cooperation and money.
9. Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy, but providing health care to all Americans is socialism. HMO's and insurance companies have the best interests of the public at heart.
10. Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
11. A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense, but a president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.
12. Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.
13. The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but 's driving record is none of our business.
14. Being a is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness, and you need our prayers for your recovery.
15. Supporting " " for every Republican ever born, who will be born, or who might be born (in perpetuity.)
16. What did in the 1960's is of vital national interest, but what Bush did in the '80's is irrelevant.
17. Support for hunters who shoot their friends and blame them for wearing orange vests similar to those worn by the quail.
18. If you don't send this to at least 10 other people, we're likely to be stuck with more Republicans in '08.
Bay Area Palin Party
Bring your best protest signs, chants and taunts this coming Sunday!
No matter how she fares during Thursday's debate, GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin can count on a big greeting - from protesters as well as supporters - when she shows up at the Hyatt Regency in Burlingame this weekend for what may be her one and only appearance in the Bay Area.
Democrats have already sent out a flyer to party activists urging them to turn out in force for the 10:30 a.m. Sunday brunch to send a message that "Republican values are not welcome in Northern California."
Conservative Paper Backs Obama
Whoa! I had to read this endorsement of Obama by the very conservative Stockton Record several times before it sunk into my brain. A sample of the opinion:
And that brings us to McCain's most troubling trait: his judgment.
While praiseworthy for putting the first woman on a major-party presidential ticket since Geraldine Ferraro in 1984, his selection of Palin as a running mate was appalling. The first-term governor is clearly not experienced enough to serve as vice president or president if required. Her lack of knowledge is being covered up by keeping her away from questioning reporters and doing interviews only with those considered friendly to her views.
They question McLame and his choice of that broad, Sarah. She gives a bad name to women. Tina Fey nails her again. I wish that she would stop comparing herself to Hillary Clinton -- an insult to Hillary!
Let the Schlepping Begin!
The Great Schlep from The Great Schlep on Vimeo.
Letterman Blasts No-Show McCain
Plan for Palin
I love this idea and post, stolen from Katherine Goldstein. I am donating $25 per week until the Election, please join me!
From the get-go, I've been pretty Machiavellian about this election. "Do what you gotta do, Obama, Axelrod et al. I won't criticize too much as long as you make it to the White House." Winning campaigns are a lot like sausage, I figured. While you enjoy the tasty finished product, you don't always want to see what happens to get there. But unlike in 2004 where my enthusiasm for Kerry was really just motivated by distaste for Bush, my happiness with Obama was much stronger than my dislike of McCain.
And Then Sarah happened. And it got personal.
On the night she gave her acceptance speech and the RNC, like so many devoted liberals, I couldn't contain my rage. She really got under my skin.
Oh, it's on.
And then I jumped off the deep end.
I don't just want Obama to win. I want this woman to lose. Badly. I want her destroyed. Publicly. And I want her to suffer.
As I told my boyfriend this the day after her speech, (in the interest of self preservation he hadn't even watched it) he rightfully looked at me like I was a lunatic.
Maybe I was.
Reading about her all day as I edit blogs here at HuffPost probably didn't help with my anger. I started to tell friends and family outside of work that in the interest of my mental health, wecouldn't talk about her.
I tried to let my feelings mellow, but the woman has the ability to get my blood pressure to rise instantly.
Then a couple days ago, my friend Alex Leo sent me an email:
A couple of bloggers have since mentioned this idea, including Patt Morrison who started this trend of donating in "honor of" Bush to Planned Parenthood 8 years ago. But with Sarah it feels like an even more appropriate place to donate since she's the newest poster girl of anti-feminism.
This has been going around. I think it's fabulous and thought you would too...
Instead of (in addition to?) us all sending around emails about how horrible she is, let's all make a donation to Planned Parenthood. In Sarah Palin's name. And here's the good part: when you make a donation to PP in her name, they'll send her a card telling her that the donation has been made in her honor. Here's the link to the Planned Parenthood website:
You'll need to fill in the address to let PP know where to send the "in Sarah Palin's honor" card. Blogger John Neffinger gave me the following pertinent info:
I heard about this from someone else today and we were discussing this: The problem is the McCain campaign is run by contemptuous little anti-choice staffers -- no one who cares will ever see those cards. A better address might be the Palins' home, where at least her local postal workers and neighbors will notice:
PO Box 21
PS make sure you use that link above or choose the pulldown of Donate--Honorary or Memorial Donations, not the regular "Donate Online"
And today in the New York Times, Hillary Clinton and Cecile Richards made the urgent case for why we need to support women's reproductive rights now because of new rules the Bush administration is proposing that could greatly limit women's access to reproductive services.
I'm not sure how exactly to calculate a dollar amount that I should give in honor of Sarah that would appropriately counteract all the aggravation she's caused me. The formula might look something like this:
Number of times she's lied about the bridge to nowhere + number of nights I couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking about her + number of blogs I've read about her + one quarter of the cost she charged victims for rape kits in Wasilla + number of times she's compared herself to Hillary Clinton = ????
The idea of giving to Planned Parenthood seems like a healthy channeling of my frustration. I have, in fact, noticed that everyone is worried about money since we are in the middle of a massive financial crisis. But sometimes you just have to do something nice for yourself. And for Sarah.Happy donating everyone!
Palin's Book Banning Wishlist
Since most of you are familiar with the Palin book banning business. Does anyone know where she acquired the list? I can't believe she read any of the books. This is 2008, is it not?