No on 8
I was delighted to read this morning that retired 49er and Mormon, Steve Young and his wife have No on 8 signs in their yard. They also donated approximately 50k to the No campaign. I always liked him!
On the other hand, Jeff "Asshat" Kent has donated to the Yes campaign. How can he be a graduate of Cal? Another good reason to boo his ass whenever I see him play!
Political News You Can Use
Obama admits that he made a mistake. Thanks for letting us know, it is appreciated.
Some students are not afraid of gays, these kids should be used as role models of tolerance.
Remember that Fact Check.org is your friend!
Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Republican
I did not write this, it is from an email that was sent to me by Ann from Detroit! It makes so many points far better than I could do.
In order to be a Republican, you need to believe:
1. Jesus loves you and shares your hatred of homosexuals and .
2. Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's Daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him, and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.
3. Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is Communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.
4. The United States should get out of the United Nations, but our highest national priority should continue to be enforcing U.N. resolutions against .
5. A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multinational drug corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
6. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches, while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.
7. If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
8. A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our longtime allies, then demand their cooperation and money.
9. Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy, but providing health care to all Americans is socialism. HMO's and insurance companies have the best interests of the public at heart.
10. Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
11. A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense, but a president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.
12. Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.
13. The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but 's driving record is none of our business.
14. Being a is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness, and you need our prayers for your recovery.
15. Supporting " " for every Republican ever born, who will be born, or who might be born (in perpetuity.)
16. What did in the 1960's is of vital national interest, but what Bush did in the '80's is irrelevant.
17. Support for hunters who shoot their friends and blame them for wearing orange vests similar to those worn by the quail.
18. If you don't send this to at least 10 other people, we're likely to be stuck with more Republicans in '08.
I Might Vote Republican, Watch as to Why
Mark Leno for CA Senate
I cast my ballot this morning for Mark Leno to be my next California State Senator. Now, I could write about all of his awesome credentials and list numerous reason as to why, but I won't. I would prefer to tell you some personal stories about his crazy opponent and hope that you have not voted will join in me in supporting the best candidate.
His main opponent is Carole Migden and she has a lot of problems. First, she has had a run-in with the Fair Political Practice folks. She can't drive and I have seen her on the phone on I-80 on more than one occasion. Okay, now to some of the good stuff.
When I worked the CA legislature, she was a member of the assembly. She had more staff turnover than anyone else. Rumor has it that she hates khaki and one Friday afternoon when she decided to come back to the Capitol, she happened to call the office. The staffers who were wearing the offensive material were ordered to run home, change and be back before her arrival. There are others, but you get the point.
San Diego County Shows No Love to LGBT
Back the bus up for a minute, I was under the impression that we our country was founded on the separation of church and state. That is certainly not ringing true in San Diego County.
Watch this story on how the clerks of San Diego County may be excused from conducting gay marriages. Hey, when I was a state employee I had to meet with right wing religious freaks because it was part of my job, not because I liked them or agreed with them.
How do members of the LGBT community feel?
CA Supreme Court Lets Freedom Ring
Good news, good news, good news!!!
The California Supreme Court has struck down the gay marriage ban. I will post more details when I have them.
This is the best news that I have heard in a long time! After all, we should all be allowed to have the same rights that are administered by our government.
Right wing freaks, you can suck it!!!! I am sure that you already have some disgusting ballot measure prepared for the November ballot and I look forward to fighting it.
Republican Anti-Gay Hate Speech Lives
This is despicable on every level. How can such narrow minded hate speech exist? Apparently, Ellen DeGeneres tried to call Oklahoma Rep. Sally Kern today, but the phone was not answered. Go figure. Can you say recall?
Democrats Aren't Electable
It is official, we're screwed again. Hello, EU Citizenship!
McCain can beat Obama and Hillary according to the new poll that was released today. This is what I have been saying in discussions that I have been having over the last few weeks. A lot of people, misguided as they may be, really like John McCain.
McCain is statistically tied with Sen. Barack Obama, 44 percent to 42 percent, and ahead of Sen. Hillary Clinton by 6 points, 46 percent to 40 percent. The poll's margin of error was plus-or-minus 3 percentage points.
The poll also showed McCain with a 61 percent approval rating, a number higher than both Clinton's and Obama's in past polls.
Never mind that fact that he is not pro-choice, was involved in an anti-gay amendment in Arizona and wants to be in Iraq for 100 years. Do you remember his bomb Iraq story from this summer?
Fuckabee claims most of the Bible Belt, shocker. This wingnut wants Roe v. Wade to be overturned and also supports a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as between a man and a woman. Hey, doesn't the Constitution guarantee our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Isn't marriage supposed to be part of that happiness?
He claims to have traveled the US and the World, seriously? How can he be so closed minded? Scary, very scary. If he does any better or worse becomes the vp nominee, then women and the LGBT community are screwed back to the Dark Ages.
I can't even bring myself to discuss his stance on immigration.